Will you answer God’s call to teach the children?
Have you wondered if you would be a good teacher? (Would you like to co-teach with someone to share and talk about the best way to teach a lesson?) Do you smile when you see a child’s success? Would you like to teach the children more about God — using excellent materials? Would you like to learn more?
Top Reasons to Become a Catechist
- You will grow in your own faith, learn the teachings of the Church, and deepen your relationship with Jesus
- Your baptism calls you to share in Jesus’ ministry
- Children, teens, and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to hear the Good News of Jesus
- Children, teens, and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to encounter good role models of faith
- You have much to share with those you’ll teach and you’ll have opportunities to share faith with other catechists
- Today’s catechetical textbooks/resources offer outstanding support
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll make new friends
- You’ll be helping people deepen their relationship with Jesus (you’ll be evangelizing!)
- You’ll be handing on a 2000-year-old Tradition that changes lives
- It’s our job: Jesus sent us to “go and teach all nations”
Call or email the Religious Education Office 847-253-8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catechists needed: Grade 2: 2catechists, Grade 4: 1 catechist