The Religious Education Advisory Commission sets the direction of the Religious Education Program. It is the role of the Advisory Commission to advise and support the Directors of the programs in order to foster and secure excellence in this parish ministry.
This shared responsibility infers a collaborative ministry under the leadership of the pastor and the Parish Council. Members of the Commission work together to learn, pray, and discern God’s call to serve the needs of the parish. The Commission will also have representation on the Youth Formation Commission and the Pastoral Council. Several subcommittees are involved with this commission to support the various needs of the religious education families. The 2012-13 members of the REAC (Religious Education Advisory Commission) are Ted Little (chair), Chris Masini (past-chair), Judy Mulvihill, Nadine Roggeman, Christopher Siefert, Marie Droske, Kimberly Salzmann, Michelle Tuchner, Dan Zurbuch, Chris Barr, and Bob Lattanzio.
Responsibilities of a Catechetical Advisory Commission
- To promote awareness of catechesis in the parish.
- To support the formulation of policy in accordance with the Archdiocesan Religious Education Policies and Procedures.
- To monitor programs, and implementation of policy.
- To keep the parish advised of the Commission’s activities.
- To bring representation of Religious Education families to the whole parish Community through Youth Formation Commission and Parish Council.
- To work for better communication between parents, catechists, and staff.
- To seek opportunities for family involvement in the parish
- To unify religious education families and strengthen the relationships within our parish community
- To orient new Commission members.
- To periodically evaluate the Commission’s performance .
- To serve on a search committee for hiring catechetical personnel if requested.